In 2017, Corbel Stone Press will publish a series of small, limited
edition pamphlets that explore our relationship with the natural world.
For the fifth pamphlet in the series, to be published in May 2017, we are seeking the finest contemporary poetry on the theme of nature and death
.“Now it reveals its hidden side
and now the other—thus it falls,
an autumn leaf.”(Ryōkan)
Please ensure that nature
are central to the work you submit, or we will not be able to consider it for inclusion. Please also familiarise yourself with the kind of work we publish - see, for example, the previous pamphlets in this series, available from Corbel Stone Press
, as well as our annual journal, Reliquiae
We are not
interested in witty, humorous, confessional or anecdotal writing. We are also not
interested in work that references pop culture.
interested in work that experiments with form and language.
1. We are looking for new, previously unpublished poetry written primarily in the English language.
2. Due to the small format and page count of each pamphlet, we are ideally looking for relatively short works (i.e. 25 lines or less).
3. All written work will be set in the same typeface. Please use 12pt Times New Roman in your submission.
4. For visual poetry / asemic writing, please send a low resolution jpeg in the first instance.
5. We do not accept simultaneous submissions.
6. Please submit a maximum of five poems.
7. Each pamphlet will be published in a limited edition of 100 copies, and each contributor will receive three complimentary copies.
For enquiries, please contact: corbelstonepress [at] yahoo.co.uk
*Submit your work below: