In 2017, Corbel Stone Press will publish a series of small, limited
edition pamphlets that explore our relationship with the natural world.
For the third pamphlet in the series, to be published in March 2017, we are seeking the finest contemporary poetry on the theme of nature and the sacred.
“No wonder some say the darkness of the forest is a god.”
We are interested in new perspectives on the many and varied ways that the natural world influences our spiritual beliefs and rituals.
Please ensure that nature and the sacred are central to the work you submit, or we will not be able to consider it for inclusion. We are particularly interested in work that looks beyond human-centred religious concepts to embrace animism and pantheism. Please note that we are not interested in the following:
i) Work that draws overtly upon a particular religion (eg: Christianity, Islam).
ii) Work that is witty, humorous, confessional or anecdotal.
iii) Work that references pop culture.
1. We are looking for new, previously unpublished poetry written primarily in the English language.
2. Due to the small format and page count of each pamphlet, we are ideally looking for relatively short works (i.e. 25 lines or less).
3. All written work will be set in the same typeface. Please use 12pt Times New Roman in your submission.
4. For visual poetry / asemic writing, please send a low resolution jpeg in the first instance.
5. We do not accept simultaneous submissions.
6. Please submit a maximum of five poems.
7. Each pamphlet will be published in a limited edition of 100 copies, and each contributor will receive three complimentary copies.
For enquiries, please contact: corbelstonepress [at] yahoo.co.uk
Submit your work below: